How much can I save by installing artificial grass?
One of the biggest benefits of switching to synthetic grass landscaping is its long-term cost-saving benefits.
When it comes to the initial investment, synthetic grass is more expensive, costing an average of $9.00 per square foot versus $2.50 for natural grass. However, most homeowners see an ROI in approximately 2.5 years due to the long-term savings.
These savings primarily come from the lower maintenance requirements. With synthetic turf, you can eliminate mowing, edging, watering and any professional landscaping services. For most homeowners, 30 percent of all water usage comes from exterior landscaping. By switching to synthetic turf, you’ll significantly reduce, if not eliminate, up to 30 percent of your water use and therefore save up to 30 percent on your water bill. Additionally, since synthetic blades never turn brown or grow long, there’s no need to mow, trim, fertilize or re-sod your turf lawn. That’s thousands of dollars saved each year, plus more time for you to enjoy the outdoors with your family.
View this post on Instagram
How is artificial grass eco-friendly?
In addition to being aesthetically appealing and low maintenance, synthetic grass also aids in multiple aspects of environmental conservation.
- Water Conservation: In most parts of the country, natural grass needs to be watered several times per week to stay green and healthy. SGW Arizona artificial grass, by contrast, never needs to be watered to remain green, aiding in water conservation efforts.
- Less Chemical Use: Say goodbye to fertilizers, pesticides, herbicides and other harmful chemicals when you switch to artificial turf. Harmful chemicals from natural grass maintenance products often seep into the soil and nearby water sources, potentially damaging the local environment. With SGW turf, you can have a safer, family-friendly lawn.
- Reduced Air Pollution: Lawnmowers, leaf blowers, edgers and other gas-powered maintenance tools required for natural grass lawns all create air pollution. When you switch to SGW Arizona artificial turf, you can get rid of those mowers and edgers, reducing carbon emissions and improving local air quality.
Does artificial grass drain?
Synthetic Grass Warehouse offers some of the most impressive drainage rates in the turf industry. All of our turf products drain at a rate of more than 30 inches per hour per square yard — significantly better than a natural lawn. Whether you have frequent rainstorms or pet urine to worry about, our industry-leading drainage capacity ensures that your artificial turf will continue to look great (and remain dry) long after installation.
Can turf grass get hot?
Synthetic Grass Warehouse offers the latest in artificial grass cooling technology with TigerCool. TigerCool synthetic grass is created with heat-reflective pigments and UV inhibitors to reduce surface temperatures by up to 15 percent.
Natural grass (and other variations of artificial grass) absorb infrared light from the sun and turn it into heat. Dark colors, like the greens and browns found in grass, absorb the most light and create the most heat buildup, causing those surface temperatures to increase the most. TigerCool, however, uses heat-reflective dark color pigments in the production process to prevent this heat buildup. With these pigments, infrared light is reflected rather than absorbed, which reduces surface temperatures significantly.
In a series of tests conducted by TigerTurf, it was indicated that TigerCool technology was able to successfully reduce artificial grass temperatures by 15 percent, or up to 10 degrees. This makes it safer and more comfortable for your family to enjoy their synthetic grass lawn.
Why should you switch to artificial turf?
- Evergreen Appearance: Artificial grass always appears perfectly groomed and remains lush and green year-round.
- Low Maintenance: Once installed, artificial turf never requires mowing or edging, and it requires very little watering — only a quick rinse to remove dust and debris.
- Eco-Friendly: Since synthetic turf doesn’t require routine maintenance like natural grass, it eliminates the need for gas-powered lawn equipment and harsh chemicals from fertilizers, herbicides and pesticides. It also allows you to save thousands of gallons of water each year.
Durable: Artificial turf stands up against heavy foot traffic and extreme weather thanks to our innovative tuft-bind technology.
What is infill?
Infill refers to the products placed between the blades of an artificial turf lawn, filling in the otherwise empty spaces. Infill is traditionally made of sand, rubber, EDPM or TPE.
Infill primarily helps the turf blades maintain their upright position and shields the turf’s backing from the sun’s UV rays. It also helps give artificial grass the feeling of natural sod grass, with infill mimicking how soil absorbs impacts. Infill also weighs the turf down to prevent it from developing wrinkles, buckles, or ripples, extending the lifespan of your artificial grass.
Is artificial grass safer than natural grass for outdoor playgrounds?
SGW Arizona’s PlayScapes system is a playground landscaping system specially engineered to be safe and fun for kids of all ages.
All our play area turf products are IPEMA-certified and meet or exceed all standards set by the American Society for Testing and Material. They are installed with an eco-friendly foam underlayer that protects kids from impact injuries and falls from up to 10 feet high. Our foam padding maintains GMax scores, so you can rest assured that our artificial turf products are some of the safest and most durable landscaping options available on the market for children’s use.
All SGW turf and installation products are non-toxic and safe for both kids and pets, so you can keep germs at bay and better protect your kids at play without sacrificing fun.
What is artificial grass made from?
SGW Arizona artificial grass is made from various materials, including nylon and polyethylene. Consult your preferred turf variety’s product page for specific information about its material makeup.
Will artificial turf stand up to the seasons?
Yes! Due to its durable polyethylene material, synthetic grass won’t dry up and turn brown in the summer or freeze in the winter. One of the biggest benefits of artificial grass landscaping is its lush, evergreen appearance year-round.
View this post on Instagram